Withdrawal From Program

Written notice of voluntary withdrawal from a doctoral program (PDF) must be approved by the appropriate Executive Officer, forwarded to the Office of the Registrar, and cleared by the Offices of Financial Aid, International Students (if applicable), and Residence Life (if applicable), as well as the Mina Rees Library, the Bursar, and the Business Office. Such notice must be submitted prior to the end of the third week of classes of a given semester to avoid full tuition liability for that semester. To resume doctoral study, a former student must apply to the program for readmission by using the Application for Readmission Form.  Students who have not been granted a leave of absence (please refer to the section on “Leave of Absence,” above) or who have not registered by the first week of a given semester will be withdrawn automatically from the Graduate Center.