Academic Initiatives and Strategic Innovation
The Office of Academic Initiatives and Strategic Innovation’s mission is to provide leadership for innovative program development through collaborative partnerships, detailed research, exceptional support services, and utilization of best practices.
The Office of Academic Initiatives and Strategic Innovation works collaboratively with administration, faculty, staff, and students to promote ideas to advance academic innovation, optimize new program development processes, promote innovative initiatives of The Graduate Center’s academic programs, centers, and institutes.
- We create and nurture partnerships within The Graduate Center and the broader community to promote creative engagement among faculty, staff, and students.
- We provide leadership and support to develop new programs to open up The Graduate Center to larger numbers of the public and students, who seek to access The Graduate Center’s intellectual strengths.
- We are dedicated to improving processes and eliminating barriers to create new and support existing degree and non-credit programs.
- We foster strengthening existing and establishing new global partnerships to expand The Graduate Center’s intellectual reach.
- We provide leadership for the CUNY Baccalaureate program, CUNY’s unique University-wide individualized degree program.
- Building your Campaign for Public Office - A Master Class, partnered with Civically Re-Engaged Women (C.R.E.W.). To learn more click here
- Teaching & Learning of Heritage Languages Seminar Series, partnered with the Institute for Language Education in Transcultural Context (ILETC). To learn more click here
- Amber Scorah - Book Talk on her memior -- Leaving the Witness, partnered with CUNY Baccalaureate for Unique and Interdisciplinary Studies (CUNYBA). To learn more click
If you have a world changing idea for new innovative programming at The Graduate Center and would like to speak with Brian Peterson, Dean of Academic Initiatives and Strategic Innovation, please send an email with a brief description of your concept to email@example.com