Academic Initiatives and Strategic Innovation
The office of Academic Initiatives and Strategic Innovation’s mission is to provide leadership for innovative program development through collaborative partnerships, detailed research, exceptional support services, and utilization of best practices.
The office of Academic Initiatives and Strategic Innovation works collaboratively with administration, faculty, staff, and students to promote ideas to advance academic innovation, optimize new program development processes, promote innovative initiatives of The Graduate Center’s academic programs, centers, and institutes.
- We create and nurture partnerships within The Graduate Center and the broader community to promote creative engagement among faculty, staff, and students.
- We provide leadership and support to develop new programs to open up The Graduate Center to larger numbers of the public and students, who seek to access The Graduate Center’s intellectual strengths.
- We are dedicated to improving processes and eliminating barriers to create new and support existing degree and non-credit programs.
- We foster strengthening existing and establishing new global partnerships to expand The Graduate Center’s intellectual reach.
- We provide leadership for the CUNY Baccalaureate program, CUNY’s unique University-wide individualized degree program.
A Conversation with Activist Dr. Sally Roesch Wagner, the Author of The Women's Suffrage Movement, moderated by Sharon Nelson, the founder and CEO of Civically Re-Engaged Women and joined on the panel by Dean Peterson, Dean for Academic Initiatives and Strategic Innovation and Dean Suk, Dean for Master's Programs at the The Graduate Center:
If you have a world changing idea for new innovative programming at The Graduate Center and would like to speak with Brian Peterson, Dean of Academic Initiatives and Strategic Innovation, please send an email with a brief description of your concept to firstname.lastname@example.org.