ILETC Seminar Series
The Office of Academic Initiatives and Strategic Innovation (AISI) along with The Institute for Language Education in Transcultural Context (ILETC) invites language instructors who teach heritage or mixed L2/heritage courses to participate in a year-long seminar series aimed at exploring issues related to the teaching and learning languages.
This seminar series offers organized spaces for participants to work collaborately while learning from one another. Discussions are geared toward understanding heritage learners and their languages with the goal of supporting curricular a pedagogical improvement. This professional development activity will be led by ILETC Director, Dr. Alberta Gatti and co-director of the UCLA National Heritage Language Resource Center.
- Free for CUNY instructors and graduate students.
- $110 (includes $10 registration fee) for those not affiliated with CUNY.
Seminar Meeting Information
Meetings will take place at The Graduate Center, CUNY on Fridays from 4:00pm to 6:00pm. Dates of the courses and topics are as follows:
Please note that there are a limited numbers of seats available. To register for this course please follow this link.
- September 20, 2019 4:00 - 6:00pm - Heritage Learners and Heritage Languages "in the Wil" and "in the Classroom."
- October 18, 2019 - Sociolinguistic Profile of Heritage Language Leaners and Critical Pedagogy.
- November 15, 2019 - Proficiency and Literacy.
- February 28, 2020 - Pedagogical Approaches I: Teaching mixed L2/heritage classes
- April 3, 2020 - Pedagogical Approaches II: Successful Pedagogies for Heritage Language Education.
- May 2, 2020 - Placement and Assessment.
This program is offered in partnership by the CUNY Graduate Center’s Office of Academic Infinitives and Strategic Innovation and the Institute for Language Education in Transcultural Context