Dean K Harrison Fellowships
Dean K Harrison Fellowship
Harrison Awards are one-year dissertation support grants of $10,000 made to Level 2 and 3 students from underrepresented groups who are citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.; priority is given to Level 3 students. The purpose of the program is to ensure students at Level 3 make timely progress toward defense. Students are nominated by their doctoral program, therefore interested students should contact their advisor and EO to express interest.
- Students should prepare (and forward to their advisor and EO) a 2-3 page summary of their dissertation project, including what has been completed thus far, what is planned for the 2020-2021 academic year, and how the funds will support completion of their dissertation project.
- The program EO will be required to prepare a short statement of support for each nominee and submit each nomination along with the nominee's prepared dissertation project summary.
- At the end of the academic year, the student will be required to complete a short overview of their progress.
- Students will participate in various writing and professional workshops aimed at securing future funding and dissertation completion.
- Underrepresented refers to students who are currently underrepresented in doctoral and higher education overall (especially the professoriate), as well as in their specific disciplines. At a minimum, federal guidelines are to be followed.