Dean K Harrison Fellowships
Dean K Harrison Fellowship
Harrison Awards are one-year dissertation support grants of $10,000 made to Level 2 and 3 students from underrepresented groups who are citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.; priority is given to Level 3 students. The purpose of the program is to ensure students at Level 3 make timely progress toward defense. Students are nominated by their doctoral program, therefore interested students should contact their advisor and EO to express interest. Programs must submit nominations by May 19, 2017.
- Students should prepare (and forward to their advisor and EO) a 2-3 page summary of their dissertation project, including what has been completed thus far, what is planned for the 2017-2018 academic year, and how the funds will support completion of their dissertation project.
- The program EO will be required to prepare a short statement of support for each nominee and submit each nomination.
- At the end of the academic year, the student will be required to complete a short overview of their progress.
- Students will participate in various writing and professional workshops aimed at securing future funding and dissertation completion.
- Underrepresented refers to students who are currently underrepresented in doctoral and higher education overall (especially the professoriate), as well as in their specific disciplines. At a minimum, federal guidelines are to be followed.
Dean K Harrison Summer Research Awards
There are no summer awards for the 2017-2018 academic year.