Application Criteria and Form
- The showcase will take place at The Graduate Center on Monday, May 13 at 6:30 p.m. Applicants must be available to attend and to participate in coaching sessions.
- GC doctoral students who are defending this spring or who have already defended their dissertations in the 2018-2019 academic year are eligible to apply.
- In the application, please provide an overview (in 300 words or less) of a three-minute talk about your dissertation. Make sure to communicate:
- What inspired you to undertake this topic?
- How did you go about the research?
- What do you regard as the most important result in your work? And why?
- What did you learn from this project?
- What would you want a general audience to take away from your presentation?
- Successful presentations will use nontechnical, jargon-free language that a public audience can understand.
- Presentations should be clear, logical, engaging, and make the audience want to know more.
Application Deadline – March 15, 2019
Please fill in all fields