Distinguished Lecturer - Psychology
- Job Class: Faculty
- Job ID Number: 10893
- Department: School of Professional Studies
- Location: SPS: School of Professional Studies
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Faculty Vacancy Announcement
REVISED - Performs teaching duties in area(s) of expertise. Distinguished Lecturers are experienced practitioners or teachers who hold full-time, non-tenure track position with a maximum appointment period of seven years, subject to annual reappointment.
The CUNY School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY SPS) has launched fifteen degrees: nine bachelor's degrees open to students with 24 or more college credits who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and six master's degrees, with more programs currently in development. CUNY SPS leads the University in developing and operating online degree programs, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction. CUNY SPS is also the home of the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies,which offers higher education programs for working adults and union members, and serves as a nationally-recognized center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic, and community leaders seeking a deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
The Distinguished Lecturer for the CUNY SPS online Bachelor's Degree in Psychology (B.A.) Psychology degree program will design, implement and monitor a comprehensive curriculum; will direct all program evaluation efforts and create strategic plan to further develop program offerings; will teach in the program; and, will work closely with faculty and students.
The CUNY SPS online Bachelor's Degree in Psychology (B.A.) investigates why people behave the way they do. Throughout the program, students gain insight into motivation, learning, social behavior, and development across the lifespan. Students learn how to conduct research, design surveys, interpret behavioral situations, and communicate effectively.
Consistent with the American Psychological Association's educational goals, the online B.A. in Psychology is designed to enable students to:
- Develop a strong knowledge base in Psychology.
- Understand and apply research methods in Psychology.
- Use critical and creative thinking skills in Psychology.
- Understand and apply Psychological principles.
- Reflect the values in Psychology.
The online B.A. in Psychology program is an excellent foundation for a wide variety of careers, including social service, management and business, marketing and market research, health care, and government.
For students who aspire to advanced study, this program offers the essential knowledge and training typically required for admission to graduate programs in clinical psychology and research. Students interested in graduate professional programs in the law, international development, and administration will benefit from the program's strong emphasis on critical thinking, ethics, and multiculturalism.
Bachelor's degree and a record of achievement in a profession or field of expertise related to teaching assignments. Also required is the ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.
- Master's or Ph.D.degree in an appropriate field (e.g., Organizational Psychology/Industrial Organizational Psychology, Educational Psychology, etc.)
- Demonstrate the ability to create relationships that foster employment and graduate school placement opportunities for students
- Significant record of intellectual scholarship, research, and professional contributions to his/her discipline
- Significant teaching, advising, and mentoring; commitment to the promotion of the scholarship of teaching and the recruitment and development of a diverse faculty
- Leadership experience in developing academic curriculum
- Experience in faculty development and evaluation models
- Experience with online learning in higher education
- Excellent leadership, communication, team, and interpersonal skills and administrative abilities
- Superb oral and written and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate with administrators, faculty, and other departments and divisions across the University
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below:
***If you are unable to upload your application please email email@example.com. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.