Administrative Coordinator - Front Desk
- Job Class: Managerial/Professional
- Job ID Number: 11041
- Department: School of Professional Studies
- Location: SPS: School of Professional Studies
- Closing Date: AUG 15, 2014
Campus Specific Information
The School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY SPS) has launched fifteen degrees: nine bachelor's degrees open to students with 24 or more college credits who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and six master's degrees, with more programs currently in development. CUNY SPS leads the University in developing and operating online degree programs, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction. CUNY SPS is also the home of the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies, which offers higher education programs for working adults and union members, and serves as a nationally-recognized center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic, and community leaders seeking a deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
Reporting to the Director of Campus Operations, the Administrative Coordinator, in addition to the above duties, will:
- Coordinate all office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, track staff assignments and part-time work schedules and distribute information.
- Collect data for, prepare, and distribute reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software; assist Campus Operations department with various administrative tasks.
- Create, maintain, and update departmental databases; maintain department fiscal plans and budgets; and assist in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Oversee receiving area, ensuring the lobby's professional appearance, and recommend improved lobby functionality.
- Coordinate various logistical activities associated with special events, such as catering, room reservations, vendor follow-up, etc.
- Receive and provide information to all in-person visitors to the CUNY SPS Administrative Offices; answer phone lines and retrieve voice mail messages.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail and other packages; maintain and operate office machines such as copiers and postage meters.
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree required.
A preferred candidate will have:
- At least two years of experience coordinating front desk/reception area
- Proven experience providing quality customer service
- Some experience in a higher education or similar setting
- Some experience with facilities operations
- Demonstrated experience handling multi-line telephones
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Highly organized self-starter, capable to work independently and follow up on projects
- Ability to undertake multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to coordinate meetings and events with staff, vendors, and outside consultants
- Excellent work ethic, punctual, and reliable
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
How To Apply
Please apply using the link below:
***If you are unable to upload your application please email email@example.com. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.