Assistant to the Provost (Administrative Executive Coordinator)
- Job Class: Managerial/Professional
- Job ID Number: 9946
- Department: Office of the Provost & Senior Vice President
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: FEB 1, 2014
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Office of the Provost is seeking a professional to provide high-level executive support to the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Under the general supervision of the Provost, the Assistant to the Provost will provide support and assistance with the administrative activities and daily operations of the Provost's Office, maintaining a high degree of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality in all matters. The Assistant to the Provost will report to the Provost.
- Manages and maintains the Provost's complex calendar, including scheduling, rescheduling, and prioritizing appointments.
- Assembles supporting material and data for meetings and committees, including the preparation of agenda and minutes; and assures that materials are prepared and distributed in a timely manner.
- Drafts, proofreads, and finalizes correspondence, letters, and documents on behalf of the Provost and Associate Provost. Reviews and distributes incoming mail in accordance with office procedures and brings significant items to the attention of the Provost.
- Assists with scheduling and related arrangements, working in close cooperation with Executive Officers, Assistant Program Officers, directors, and their staffs.
- Maintains and updates electronic distribution lists for the Provost's Office.
- Maintains files and data, keeping correspondence and reports available for reference or further action.
- Assists in the coordination of meetings and special events sponsored by the Provost's Office; works with various offices (Dining Commons, facilities, room reservations) as needed.
- Assists with special projects and other related duties as assigned.
Provides administrative support to a Campus or University Executive.
- Coordinates office operations such as meetings, communications, events, and reports.
- Maintains extensive files and records for the unit.
- Maintains accurate calendars, schedules, and key dates.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using appropriate technology. Runs basic system queries and reports to provide data.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s), manuals, and other materials.
- Provides clear communications on the Executive's behalf both within and outside the unit.
- May perform related duties as assigned; may participate in special projects and efforts to improve unit effectiveness.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Two years administrative experience, preferably in a higher education or Provost's Office setting is strongly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are highly desirable, and demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite are strongly preferred
- Must be exceptionally organized and detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure in a collegial and collaborative environment
- A high level of diplomacy and tact with the ability to assess and adapt to changing situations and priorities, use sound judgment, and exercise discretion in all matters strongly preferred
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How To Apply
Please apply by using the link below:
***If you are unable to upload your cover application through the system, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.