Instructor: Eileen Gigliotti, PhD, RN
Purpose: To provide information and GRE support for students interested in applying to the PhD Nursing Science Program at the CUNY Graduate Center. This Prep course is not meant to take the place of a GRE review course nor is it meant as the sole means of preparation for the GRE. Rather, it will provide an assessment of current strengths/weaknesses in Quantitative/Verbal Reasoning and Analytical Writing as well as strategies to boost scores by focusin on areas that can readily be improved.
Format: Practice Tests, Reviews, Discussion and Strategies, Use of the Education Testing Service Website.
Date and Time
- Introduction and Orientation to the GRE Prep/Resources; The PhD application process and components.
- Quantitative Practice Test with Scoring and Discussion.
- Arithmetic Review and Guidelines for Study.
- Data Analytic Review and Guidelines for Study
- Verbal Practice Test with Scoring and Discussion.
- Analytical Writing Practice Test with Tips.
: Each sessions will take place, in person, at the CUNY Graduate Center on Fridays, 4:30pm- 6:00pm. It is highly recommended to attend all sessions. The current schedule is September 14, 21, 28; October 5, 12, 19.
Applicants interested in applying for Fall 2019 admission must submit their application by December 1, 2018.
For additional information please feel free to contact the program at 212-817-7987.
Thank you and Good Luck!