CUNYfirst can be accessed from the GC Portal, or from this direct link. You must have an active CUNYfirst account to log in.
I am a new user
If you are a new CUNYfirst user, you will need to claim your account before you will be able to log in.
How to claim your CUNYfirst account
Once you have claimed your account, you will receive a new username and an ID number called an Empl ID. These credentials will be used to identify you in CUNYfirst and will be needed to reset your password and perform certain functions within the system, and will replace your Banner ID. Be sure that you have made a record of your username and Empl ID and do not lose them.
Note: CUNYfirst maintains one identity record for each member of the CUNY community, regardless of how many schools they’ve attended or how many roles they’ve held.
I already use CUNYfirst at another CUNY institution.
If you have already claimed your CUNYfirst account and have logged in to the system in the past, there is nothing additional for you to do. You can log in here at any time to view your GC information.
I am having trouble accessing my CUNYfirst account
If you are a first-time user and are unable to claim your account, please submit a support request to IT Services.
If you are a returning user and have forgotten your login credentials, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to CUNYfirst Portal Login page
- Click on the Forgot Your Password? link
- Enter the correct value for either UserID or Empl ID (employee ID) fields using the credentials assigned to you when you claimed your account:
- User ID is your CUNYfirst Username, e.g. FirstName.LastName##.
- Empl ID is your unique eight digit identification number, e.g. 12345678
- Click the OK button
- Provide your answers to the Challenge Questions page
- Click OK
- Choose a new password and click OK
If you are still unable to login to the system or need further technical assistance, please submit a support request to IT Services.