Information for Students
How should I start using CUNYfirst?
1. Claim your CUNYfirst account.
Learn how to access CUNYfirst and claim your account.
2. Check your personal information for accuracy.
Check that your personal and academic information are appearing correctly in the CUNYfirst Student Center.
- Changes or corrections to your addresses may be made online (learn more).
- If you are a CUNY employee, any other changes should be sent to the Office of Human Resources at the CUNY campus where you are employed.
- If you are not a CUNY employee, changes should be sent to the Office of the Registrar.
- Please note that historical financial aid information will not be available in CUNYfirst. You can contact the Financial Aid Office for assistance retrieving these records.
3. Use your new CUNYfirst account to access Blackboard.
As of April 16, 2018, you will use the same credentials to log in to both CUNYfirst and Blackboard.
What information and services are available to me in CUNYfirst?
Student Self-Service features will include the ability to register for classes, pay tuition, view grades, print unofficial transcripts, examine class schedules, review the course catalog and pursue related activities.
After May 2018, all dissertation and thesis deposits will be initiated using the “Apply for Graduation” function in CUNYfirst. Updated procedures are forthcoming and will be made available on the library’s website.
Your CUNYfirst credentials will also be used to access Blackboard once you have claimed your account.
Please refer to the complete Student Self-Service Reference Guide to learn about all of the available features of CUNYfirst.
Please note that historical financial aid and award information, including for the 2017-2018 academic year, will not be available in CUNYfirst. Financial awards will be available in CUNYfirst beginning with the 2018-2019 academic year. Please contact the Financial Aid office directly for information and assistance for the remainder of this academic year.
Who can I contact if I need additional help?
For questions/problems pertaining to: