Library Study Spaces Open Starting Monday, June 7
- All News
- Library Study Spaces Open Starting Monday, June 7
Dear Graduate Center community,
We’re pleased to announce that library study space will be available to students Mondays through Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., beginning Monday, June 7. Although in-person library services are not yet available, the space provides a quiet and comfortable place to study. We look forward to welcoming you personally to the library.
To support community safety, we have established a day pass system. Please follow these steps before 3 p.m. the day before you plan to come to the library. We can only offer you a seat if you have a confirmed reservation.
1. Go to the library day pass reservation page.
2. Select the date of your desired visit.
3. Reserve a seat by clicking on a green bar, which turns yellow indicating it is your booking.
4. Hit “submit times” at the bottom of the page. You will receive an email confirmation of your reservation.
5. When you come to The Graduate Center, please bring a printed copy of the confirmation message, or be prepared to show the message on your phone, tablet, or laptop when you check in at the front desk.
6. You will need to sign in at the lobby desk presenting your Graduate Center ID or a valid government-issued photo ID. You will also need to complete the daily wellness check via the Everbridge Screening App remotely or the Everbridge Kiosk at the front desk. Individuals who receive a green token will be allowed entry. Individuals who receive a red token will not be allowed entry.
7. Before coming to campus review the GC’s building entry policies.
As a reminder, under current CUNY and campus policies:
• Masks covering the nose and mouth must be worn.
• Maintain six feet of physical distancing throughout the library.
• No food or drink is permitted in the library space.
• Access is limited to current Graduate Center students, faculty, and staff.
Mina Rees Library services remain available online. We plan to restore on-site services, including circulation of books and interlibrary loan print materials, on Monday, August 2, 2021. Please reach out to the library staff with any library-related questions at email@example.com or via live chat.
Information about the availability of other Graduate Center study spaces will be provided soon.
For questions regarding The Graduate Center’s reopening plans and current building access policies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robin L. Garrell
Interim Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
Brian A. Peterson
Interim Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration
Interim Chief Librarian
Submitted on: JUN 3, 2021
Category: COVID-19 | GCstories | General GC News | President's Office - Community Message | Provost's Office