Issue Description: Assignment submissions that include a file upload fail on submit when attempted using the Safari web browser version 11.1.
Date Published: April 12,2018
Expected Behavior: The assignment can be submitted successfully with the file that was uploaded.
Observed Behavior: The assignment fails to submit and the following error occurs:
Failed to submit Assignment. Please try again.
Workaround: Use Firefox or Chrome Read more
Note: If you are GC Staff, GC Faculty or Research Foundation funded Staff this notice applies to you.
Attention GC Faculty & Staff - please take note of this important announcement regarding your GC network file storage.
As we have noted in our announcements, legacy IT file storage systems which have become old, slow, insufficient and highly constrained must be decommissioned. The legacy provisioning of “mywork (U:\)” network storage is being retired July 1, in favor of our recent web-based storage implementation, the “GC Drive” resource (powered by OneDrive for Business).
“GC Drive” has the advantage of being web-based, allowing users to organize their files using metadata and folders; remotely access them from anywhere and at any time; and enable collaboration.
Before you start the migration:
-Do some data cleanup and delete unwanted files
-Ensure your filenames do not exceed 40 characters
-Ensure your filenames do not contain special characters such as ‘#’ and ‘%’
-Ensure that any U:\ drive files you wish to retain have been relocated to your GC Drive prior to June 30, 2018
Remember, effective July 1, 2018, your U:\ drive will no longer be accessible.
We appreciate your cooperation as we migrate from outdated infrastructure to more modern technologies.
Please find attached the instructions on how to move your files to the GC Drive. If you need assistance, please contact IT Services.
it.gc.cuny.edu Read more
The Graduate Center is about to launch CUNYfirst to replace Banner, the GC’s current system for student record administration. The planned launch date is Monday, April 16. From that date forward all student-related processing will occur in CUNYfirst.
Many administrative staff already use CUNYfirst to perform tasks essential to the running of the GC. Now, the system will be available to every member of our community to view personal and academic records and perform most online transactions relating to your work and/or study.
Banner will be taken offline on Friday, April 6, to allow for the final transfer of student-related data to CUNYfirst. It will come back online for GC HR Time and Leave transactions only when CUNYfirst launches on April 16.
No online services or records will be available between April 6 and 16. We encourage you to plan ahead: review our online guide to see the actions you should take to prepare for the launch, access tutorials for completing common tasks in CUNYfirst, and find out who can provide additional assistance.
Information for Students
Information for Faculty
Information for EOs, APOs and Staff
Starting on Monday, March 19th, all users will be able to submit new account requests using our New Employee Network Account Request Form. The new form is now available on the IT Self-Service Resources page and will provide a greater level of accuracy, streamlining the process of who is authorized to make these types of security requests as part of the onboarding process. It will also ensure that only one source of personal information exists for any request for GC email and network IDs.
This new form must be submitted by the employee’s supervisor or the administrator for the department. Please visit the IT Self-Service Resources site and login to access this new form.
If you have questions, please contact IT Services for support.
CUNY Graduate Center
IT Announcement for Spring 2018
Please take note of these important announcements from Information Technology (IT):
- We made significant improvements to our IT infrastructure to prevent “bad actors” from causing GC IT users harm. These improvements involve email spam, anti-virus, malware, exploit protection for our servers and desktops, the blocking network-based attacks, and preventing unsolicited network traffic in our wired and wireless networks.
- SharePoint Implementation - GC Drive will soon replace the current U:\ drives for all users. Our pilot testing is underway and we anticipate to have everyone migrated by this summer.
- As noted previously, we no longer archive livestreamed and recorded events permanently. Please be sure to use this new online form to submit video streaming requests for your upcoming events with a 3-5 business days advance notice to Media Services.
- A limited number of desktop computers (PCs and Macs) have been procured via a special funding opportunity and are being deployed to address targeted staff/faculty needs.
- A new GC IT Network Account Request Form is in the works and notices will go out in the next weeks with additional information. This form must be submitted by the employee’s supervisor or the administrator for the department.
- Adobe Creative Cloud is now available on all student and staff computers and special packages are made available individually by request.
- Significant progress has been made to support our community based at the Advanced Science Research Center, including:
- Transition and management of IT related procurements
- Upgrades to various desktop applications such as MS Windows 10, MS Office 2016, Mac OS X Sierra, Adobe Creative Suite, and upgrades to their current digital signage hardware units
- Creation of a dedicated SFTP server for collaboration with external users
- Upgrades to our existing network, wireless, backup, and server infrastructure
- A variety of upgrades to Media Services resources in several GC venues have now been completed, with additional upgrades in the planning and procurement stage. An additional fifteen classrooms are targeted for replacement of classroom projector systems this coming year.
- The migration for CUNYfirst Campus Solution is scheduled for this coming April and we continue to strategically exit our current Banner platform.
- This past year, Pablo de La Cruz was recognized as GC employee of the year and Lihua Wang was recognized by CUNY for his excellence in service.
- A friendly reminder to remain vigilant regarding phishing attempts! Stay up to date by taking note of IT alerts posted on the IT website.
- Lastly, note that ongoing budget reductions continue to require that we scrutinize every existing IT service, resource and configuration to identify measures intended to streamline operations, reduce overhead and prune costs. Your cooperation is always appreciated.
email@example.com Read more
The Graduate center student email system [gradcenter.cuny.edu] is currently being targeted by a phishing campaign
TIAA Schedule for Upcoming Individual Counseling Sessions at the Graduate Center Read more
October 26, 2017 Read more
We are pleased to announce that starting Thursday, August 24, 2017, all GC students will have access to web printing. Students can send from any device and location a document to be printed, and can then retrieve and print the document on-site from any of our print release stations located in the GC Library.
In order to use web printing, students will need to execute a one-time registration using their Office 365 email accounts (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org) at the following web link https://siteup.ocsinc.ca/site/register.
Web printing is available only for students and is supported by GC Student Technology Fee funds. For more details, please be sure to read carefully our posted Student Web Printing FAQs
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please email us at ITServices@gc.cuny.edu.
Effective July 2017, there have been changes in several health plans’ rates. Read more