Emerging Leaders International Fellows Program
2018 -- Application Form
- complete and submit by Monday May 14, 2018 the online application form (please scroll down further below). In the event that applying online proves challenging, the application form may be made available in an alternate format upon request via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- follow instructions for uploading the following:
- résumé or curriculum vitae identifying past and present employment, and educational experience and relevant publications, if any;
- research proposal (3-5 pages) that identifies a research topic on community foundations or community grantmaking, questions to be addressed, anticipated methodology, as well as a plan for disseminating and applying research findings. The proposed research should reflect a comparative framework and must be feasible to undertake and complete within the duration of the program and while residing in New York City.
- personal statement explaining what you seek to accomplish during the program and how participation in the program would enhance your work in philanthropy or strengthen civil society locally. Any professional or academic experience outside of your home country should also be described (2 pages maximum).
- provide two referees with the online recommendation form link. Two letters of reference are required, and at least one should be from individuals who know the applicant in a professional (rather than an academic) capacity.
Please anticipate an automated email acknowledgement of the submitted application. Check your junk mail or spam mail folder if you do not receive it.
Email email@example.com with program-related questions and/or should encounter problems with completing or submitting your application. Include "ELIFP 2018" in the subject line.
Due to the high volume of submissions, only complete applications are eligible for consideration by the selection committee.
|* indicates required field.|
Please provide the following information AS IT APPEARS ON YOUR CURRENT PASSPORT:
|Are you currently employed?*|
|Please enter your CURRENT principal place of employment or professional affiliation.|
|Are you currently an active volunteer or board member at (a) local grantmaking or not-for-profit organization(s)?*|
|Do you hold a degree from a university, college or other comparable institution of higher learning?*|
|Are you presently a student at a university, college or other comparable institution for higher learning?*|
|Is English your native language?*|
|Was English the language of instruction at your high school, college or university?*|
|If you answered no to the previous two questions, either enter your score(s), where applicable, complete the "Other" section as indicated or skip to the next question..|
|Do you have prior academic or professional experience in the United States?*|
|CONTACT INFORMATION: Please indicate where you prefer to be reached by mail and e-mail. Provide a STREET address (not a post office box). Include city and country codes in the phone numbers.|
|Please upload the three (3) documents indicated below. The listed documents are required to complete your dossier for consideration. Note that the documents must be formatted to a page size of 8 1/2 x 11 inches. Documents in DOC format and PDF are requested and strongly preferred.|
|Please indicate which documents were uploaded to this online application form.*|