Innovations in Language Education (ILE) Grants
Institute for Language Education in Transcultural Context
After successful ILE grant cycles in 2014-2015 and 2016-2017, ILETC is pleased to announce that a third round of ILE Grants will be awarded in Fall 2017.
The 2017 grant cycle application period is now closed. Thank you to all who applied. Please check back soon for information on the recipients.
For information on past projects and recipients, click here (2014) or here (2016).
The purpose of the Innovations in Language Education (ILE) grants is to foster and sustain a culture of research, collaboration, and creativity in language education across the CUNY campuses that will impact language instruction and research, as well as recruitment and retention of language students.
Proposals will be accepted in all areas of language pedagogy, second language acquisition theory, and translingual and transcultural communication. Special, but not exclusive, consideration will be given to projects impacting one or more of the following areas:
- The teaching and learning of heritage languages;
- The teaching and learning of less commonly taught languages;
- The integration of technology into the language classroom (e.g., telecollaboration, hybrid instruction, computerized testing, etc.)
- The connection between classroom instruction and linguistic communities of NYC (e.g., community-based service learning, internships, etc.);
- Intercampus collaborations.