Cinema Studies Group
The Cinema Studies Group (CSG) is a chartered organization at the Graduate Center, CUNY. It is a resource for students interested in film and media across all Graduate Center departments and programs.
Chaired by the student representatives on the Film Studies Certificate Program Advisory Committee, CSG is committed to sponsoring and supporting programming with cinema at its core. CSG aims to be a hub for groups and individuals at the Graduate Center to link and promote events and projects with other interested groups and individuals.
Our primary purpose is to foster an intellectual and social community that encourages interaction across disciplines between scholars. In addition, we aim to promote professional development for students.
CSG retains active status in the Doctoral Student Council (DSC) by receiving support signatures from Graduate Center students. To contact us, declare your support for CSG, and/or receive notifications about events and other opportunities, join CSG at www.cunydsc.org:
1. Log in to the DSC website (cunydsc.org—note: you will need to create an account if you are not already registered. All Graduate Center students are eligible to create an account)
2. Click "Chartered Org Rosters” in the left panel
3. Click “Cinema Studies Group”
4. Click "JOIN THIS ORGANIZATION"
5. Follow the prompts to create your account. Your answer to the question about why you are joining the organization can be anything—even something as simple as “I support Cinema Studies”
Proud Sponsor of:
Intersections: Between Asia and Latin America; Latin American, Iberian, and Latino Cultures (LAILaC) PhD Program
Geography Film Discussion Group; Earth and Environmental Sciences PhD Program
Alejandra Bronfman, on Media and Military in the Caribbean; Film Studies Certificate Program and Music PhD Program
Pioneers: First Women Filmmakers; Cinema Studies Group, Film Studies Certificate Program (May 9, 2019)
Screening Performance, Performing Screens: New Projections in Theatre and Media; Doctoral Theatre Students’ Association (May 13-14, 2019)
Doctoral Student Co-Chairs: Fall 2018-Spring 2020
Rose Jimenez, Earth and Environmental Sciences
Elyse Singer, Theatre