Standalone Certificate Admissions Requirements
Applicants to the Interactive Technology and Pedagogy Certificate Program who are not already enrolled in a doctoral or master’s program at The Graduate Center must apply for admission. Requirements for admission are as follows.
Application due April 15 Extended to June 1
We only accept applications for fall enrollment
In order to be eligible for admission, applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or its international equivalent. Successful applicants generally have a cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 (B average) or higher.
Applicants are not required to submit GRE scores.
English Proficiency for International Applicants: Applicants who do not have a post-secondary degree from an institution in which the language of instruction is English-only and located in a country that recognizes English as an Official Language must have taken either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Applicants must submit the following materials:
- A $75 non-refundable application fee: The application fee is waived for United States Armed Services Veterans, and McNair Scholars.
- A completed online application form: Prospective students must submit an application form through the Graduate Center's online application system.
- Please note: If you are unable to find the ITP program listed alphabetically on the Application Information page, scroll to the bottom of the program dropdown menu.
- Higher Education transcripts: Transcripts must be submitted from each college or university attended even if you did not complete a degree or did not enroll in courses in your current field. International applicants who submit transcripts not issued in English must also include a certified English transcript accompanying the transcript.
- Applicant Statement: please upload two texts, a personal statement and a letter of intent, in a single document totaling no more than 2,000 words, detailed as follows:
- Personal statement, describing the applicant’s academic and professional background, and relationship to interactive technology and pedagogy. (750-1,000 words)
- Letter of intent, which proposes a project the applicant intends to pursue, which could be completed during the course of the program. (750-1,000 words)
- Three references: Please provide the email address and contact information for at least three academic or professional references who can appraise your academic or professional achievement and promise. Letters are not required.
- Select <No> for the question “Will this provider be submitting the letter of recommendation online?” This ensures that we will receive contact info for your recommenders, but they won’t be sent a letter request.
- Unofficial TOEFL or IELTS scores to fulfill the English Language Proficiency prerequisite, if applicable.