Zhongqi (Joshua) Cheng is the chair and associate professor in the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, director of the Environmental Sciences Analytical Center at Brooklyn College, and a faculty member for the Earth and Environmental Sciences Ph.D. Program at the CUNY Graduate Center and the Macaulay Honors College. He is an associate editor for the Journal of Environmental Quality. Cheng is one of the founders of the Urban Soil Institute.
- Wagner, Danielle, Zhongqi (Joshua) Cheng, Amanda Kaminsky, Sydney Mainster, Ronald Splater and Catherine Bobenhausen. "Safeguarding Our Resources and Indoor Air -- Gypsum Wallboard Closed-loop Recycling in an Era of Increased Chemical Transparency." Healthy Building. Accepted. (Books and Publications: Forthcoming Publications) 2015.
- John, Jesse, David E Seidemann, John A. Chamberlain Jr., Zhongqi Cheng and Martin A. Becker. "Trace and Minor Element Chemistry of Modern Shark Teeth and Implications for Shark Tooth Geochronology." Strontium: 27-53. Eds. Miahua Wai and Xu Guan Gong. Nova Science Publishers. ISBN: 978-1-62257-631-9. (Books and Publications: Chapter) 2013.
- McLaughlin, John and Zhongqi Cheng. "Street-side Source Control of Stormwater in New York City." AWRA Impact 14.4: 13-14. (Books and Publications: Peer Reviewed Article) 2012.
- Cheng, Zhongqi, Leda Lee, Sara Dayan, Michael Grinshtein and Richard Shaw. "Speciation of Heavy Metals in Garden Soils: Evidences From Selective and Sequential Chemical Leaching." Journal of Soils and Sediments 11.4: 628-38. (Books and Publications: Peer Reviewed Article) 2011.
- Urban Soil Institute (USI)
- Environmental Sciences Analytical Center (ESAC)
- Aquatic Research and Environmental Assessment Center (AREAC)