DMA Performance: Degree Recitals
D.M.A. Performance students will present three graded recitals.
The First and Second Recitals are normally given during the student's second and fourth semesters, respectively; in any case, they must be completed prior to taking the Second Examination.
The Dissertation Recital is given after a dissertation proposal has been approved.
Each recital can contain only repertoire that has been approved by the Deputy Executive Officer. The First and Second recital must include a 21st century work.
Recital scheduling guidelines:
(1) Students will schedule all recitals through the Concert Office.
(2) Normally, degree recitals will take place in Elebash Hall on weekday evenings, Monday through Thursday, as availability permits.
(3) It is the responsibility of the student to make sure that the major teacher is available to attend the recital.
(4) The program for each of the three recitals must be cleared with the D.M.A. Performance Deputy Executive Officer in the semester preceding the recital. Programs should include between 60 and 75 minutes of music. The proposed program must include timings for each piece, and a total timing for the entire program. The Deputy Executive Officer and the D.M.A. Committee may ask that the program be modified. Recitals cannot be scheduled without prior approval of the proposed program.
(5) A Recital Contract must be signed by the student and the Concert Office for any degree recital. The contract outlines all particulars regarding recital dates and deadlines.