Welcome!!! to the Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing Science. Fall 2020 enrollement is open and accepting applications. Interested applicants must submit their completed application through the Graduate Center admssions portal.
Nursing Admission Requirements
Information for applicants with foreign education:
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) no more than five years old. * GRE scores should be sent directly to The Graduate Center (2113).
- Bachelor's and Master's degree, either or which must be in nursing from an accredited program.
- Graduate level pre-requiste courses required in: statistics, nursing research, health policy and nursing research. * if applicants do not have the required prequisites they must complete all missing coursework during the summer prior to the start of the semester.
- Personal Statement that describes an area of research interest, states how a doctoral education aligns with your career goals, and provides evidence of potential scholarship.
- Two letters of recommendations
- Transcripts of courses taken must be submitted from each college or university attended. Applicats can upload unoffical copies of transcript. All international documents that are not issued in English must be accompanied by certifiec English translations. * if an applicant is offered admissions and accepts, they will be required to provid offical copies of all transcripts. In the event of discrepancies or fals reporting of any information, The Graduate Center reserves the right to change/withdraw itt offered of admissio to the applicant.
Applicants will be evaluated on the following:
- Applicants who have not studied and earned a degree in the USA, United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, or Australia must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- GRE Scores.
- Cumulative Master's GPA pf 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale).
- Substantive personal essay.
- Two letters of recommendation.