The Psychology Department has two meeting rooms on the 6th floor:
1. 6304.01 - The Sylvia Scribner Conference Room “The Hub” (Large meeting room)
2. 6304.02 - The Ignacio Martin-Boro Thesis Room (Small meeting room)
Due to high demand, priority is given to the following:
• Psychology Doctoral Student Exams, and Dissertation Defenses
• Psychology Executive Office: Executive Committee Meetings, New Student Orientation, Pedagogy Day, and Research Day
• Meetings and events for the two training areas that are housed at GC: Critical Social Personality and Environmental Psychology (CS/PEP), and Developmental Psychology (DEV PSY)
• Open House, and Interview Day for all psychology training areas
• Psychology Colloquium series
• Groups from the Center of Human Environment (CHE): CARA, PSP, ACTKNOWLEDGE, and other CHE events
Everyone in the above listed group, may request room reservations up to four months in advance. All other programs may request room reservations two weeks in advance.
If your meeting involves food and drink, you automatically agree to follow the Graduate Center’s food and drink policy. Please clean up after your event.
For IT or media assistance, please contact email@example.com in advance. The Executive Office is not responsible for IT and media assistance.
Please note that due to State Budgetary Restrictions the GC has not been open for any internal weekend events, conferences, lectures, meetings, concerts, workshops, seminars, symposiums, etc. since 2008. We ask that you plan your events accordingly as no reservation requests for weekends and holidays will be accepted.
How To Reserve A Psychology Meeting Room
To book a space on the 6th
floor in Psychology at the Graduate Center, please follow these steps:
1) Send your request with title and date/ time of your event in the subject line of the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) At the time of the request the following information should be included in your email:
Date of event: (both in your subject line and in the email)
Time of event: (start and finish times)
Name of event:
Training Area/Committee/Person sponsoring the event:
Person responsible for the event: (name, title, phone, GC/CUNY email)
Number of expected attendees:
Desired location if applicable: (we will assign appropriate space and try to honor requests)
Below is a description of the spaces we have available on the 6th floor:
6304.01 - The Sylvia Scribner Conference Room “The Hub” (Large meeting room)
Fits approximately 60 people. Accommodates large meetings/constituencies/events such as conferences, lectures, meetings, seminars, symposiums, etc. It is pre-set with a laptop and two projectors, which can project onto different walls. It has approximately 60 chairs and nine tables.
Should you cancel this meeting room, please notify us at email@example.com
6304.02 - The Ignacio Martin-Boro Thesis Room (Small meeting room)
Fits approximately 15 people. Accommodates dissertation defenses, first and second doctoral exams, dissertation proposals, committee meetings, etc. It is pre-set with a computer, and one large monitor. It has approximately 15 chairs, two large tables, and located next to 6304.01. Should you cancel this meeting room, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6304.26 - The Jane Jacobs Thesis Room (Self-Reservation Meeting Room)
We do not reserve this room.
To book this room, you will have to write in your reservation(s), in the reservation book, located right outside of the meeting room. Simply block-out your start and stop time, and include your phone extension and/or email address (the book is full of examples). Fits approximately 15 people. Accommodates dissertation defenses, first and second doctoral exams, dissertation proposals, committee meetings, etc. It is pre-set with a computer, and one large monitor. It has approximately 15 chairs, and two large tables. To cancel, you will have to white-out/erase your reservation.
Reserving GC Spaces Outside of Our 6th Floor:
For more informaiton on reserving GC spaces, pelase see: GC Room Reservation
Note: groups affiliated with the Center for Human Environments (CHE) should contact Jared Becker, Managing Director of CHE, email@example.com
for room reservations outside of the 6th