Immigrant Crossroads: Globalization, Incorporation, and Placemaking in Queens, NY
- Sam Stein - The Politics of a 'New Deal' for Roosevelt Avenue: BIDs, Placemaking, and Community Resistance
- Alice Sardell - Advocacy for Immigrant Health: Language Access in New York Pharmacies
- Sayu Bhojwani - The New Machine: Nonprofits and South Asian Political Incorporation
- Ariana Martinez - Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA): On Reaching Queens' Diverse and Eligible Immigrant Populations
- Moderated by Terry Hum, Professor of Urban Studies, Queens College
This is an online event. Please register online to participate via Zoom.
Co-sponsor: Asian American / Asian Research Institute