Fall Enrollment: Application due March 1
Spring Enrollment: Application due November 1
In order to be eligible for admission, applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or its international equivalent. Successful applicants generally have a cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 (B average) or higher.
Applicants are not required to submit GRE scores.
Applicants must submit the following materials:
- A $125 non-refundable application fee: The application fee is waived for CUNY graduates with a bachelor's or master's degree, United States Armed Services Veterans, and McNair Scholars.
- Higher Education transcripts: Transcripts must be submitted from each college or university attended even if you did not complete a degree or did not enroll in courses in your current field. International applicants who submit transcripts not issued in English must also include a certified English transcript accompanying the transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation: The email address and contact information for at least two academic or professional references who can appraise your academic or professional achievement and promise must be provided.
- A personal statement: Applicants must submit a personal statement explaining their interest in the program and why they believe it is a good fit for their personal interests and aspirations. The preferred length for personal statements is 1000 words (an academic writing sample is optional).
- A writing sample (Optional): Applicants can submit an optional five-page writing sample to demonstrate their ability to produce graduate-level writing. Click here for guidelines.
- International Applicants - English Proficiency: Applicants must submit scores from either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) unless they have a post-secondary degree from an institution in which the language of instruction is English-only and located in a country that recognizes English as an Official Language.
Admission to the program must ultimately be approved by the Executive Committee.
Please consult the Graduate Center website
for upcoming admissions deadlines and requirements. Prospective students may apply using these application instructions and forms
. International applicants must review the International Students page for additional requirements and assistance.