We admit students twice annually, for Fall Term and Spring Term. The deadlines for submitting application materials are 1 November for Spring Term admissions, 15 January for Fall Term priority admissions, and 1 April for Fall Term final admissions.
To obtain general admissions information and an application form, please contact:
The Office of Admissions
The CUNY Graduate Center
365 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10016
You may also download the application online from the Admissions Office website.
Applicants should have a bachelor‘s degree from an accredited college or university or their equivalents in the US or abroad. Prior study of the Middle East and/or proficiency in a Middle Eastern language is advantageous but is NOT a requirement for admission into the Program.
The MAMES Application requires the following documents:
- A transcript of all college and, if applicable, graduate work
- Two letters of recommendation
- Results of Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (Required from international students who are non-native English speakers)
- A writing sample (5-10 pages of a research or analytical paper; the sample may be sent electronically to the Office of Admissions: Admissions@gc.cuny.edu)
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) General Test is optional
The MAMES Admissions Committee will review application materials that are complete and uploaded on the website of the Office of Admissions before the deadline, with a view to making a judgment as quickly as possible.
We are happy to meet prospective students and will try to show you around and answer your questions as best we can. To schedule a visit, please contact the Assistant Director, Jeremy Randall, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Directions to the Graduate Center here. Once at the Graduate Center, take the elevator to the 6th floor, go to the side where there are computer monitors, turn left, and take the second hallway to the right all the way to the end.
To hear more about the Program from a recent graduate, please contact our student liaison, Dean Schafer (class of 2016), at email@example.com