GC Forward #14: Spring Events & New CUNY Testing Policy
- GC Forward #14: Spring Events & New CUNY Testing Policy
Dear Graduate Center community,
This message provides important information about CUNY’s new COVID-19 random testing program and an update about requesting spaces for spring events.
CUNY’s Random COVID-19 Testing Program Begins
This week, CUNY started its random COVID-19 testing program for vaccinated employees and students, which was described in a University-wide email.
It is important to know that:
• Randomly selected, vaccinated individuals across the University will be contacted each week to be tested for COVID-19.
• If you are selected, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that provides instructions for completing your registration. You will have to test at a CUNY testing site within seven days. Appointments are recommended, and do check the testing site schedules, which are available here before going to any campus to test. Tests from external providers are not accepted.
• Your test result will be available within 24 to 48 hours. You will maintain your Access Pass to CUNY facilities while the results are pending.
• If your test result comes back positive, your Access Pass will be removed and you will be contacted by the Coronavirus Task Force Liaison, who will provide guidance.
• If you do not show up to be tested within the required seven-day period, your Access Pass may be removed and you will be contacted by a campus or program representative. Being tested when you are notified is not optional; it is required.
Further information is available in this FAQ and at www.adnas.com/CUNYhelp.
A list of CUNY COVID-19 testing site locations is here. See the bottom of this email for the operating hours of the Graduate Center’s testing site.
Students who have additional questions can reach out the Graduate Center Local Vaccine Authority (email@example.com). Employees should contact the Office of Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Planning and Requesting Space for Spring 2022 Events
We expect we will be able to host in-person events at the Graduate Center by the middle of the spring semester.
To plan for this, we invite you to use this form to submit requests for event spaces for events that begin on or after March 1.
We will review all requests and follow up to let you know if they can be accommodated. Our top priority is reserving space for classrooms. We expect to be able to confirm event space requests by the beginning of the spring semester.
You can contact email@example.com with specific, event-related questions.
Reminder: Cleared4 to Enter the Graduate Center
We are thrilled to see students, faculty, and staff back in the building.
As a reminder, to enter the Graduate Center and all CUNY sites, students, employees, and visitors must present a valid CUNY Access Pass in Cleared4. New scanners at the front desk have made our entry process smoother. Please add a photo to complete your Cleared4 profile and keep building entry streamlined. We appreciate your cooperation with this CUNY-wide mandate.
Read the full building entry policy here.
Graduate Center COVID-19 Testing Site Hours of Operation
For the Thanksgiving week, the Graduate Center testing center, located on the first floor of the Graduate Center building, will follow the schedule below:
Monday, November 22: 6:30 a.m.–11 a.m.
Tuesday, November 23: 1 p.m.–3 p.m.
Wednesday, November 24: 2 p.m.–5 p.m.
Thursday, November 25: Closed Thanksgiving Holiday
Friday, November 26: Closed Thanksgiving Holiday
Regularly scheduled hours resume the week of November 29. Those are:
Mondays: 6:30 a.m.–11 a.m.
Tuesdays: 1 p.m.–3 p.m.
Wednesdays: 4 p.m.–6 p.m.
Thursdays: 1 p.m.–3 p.m.
Fridays: 9 a.m.–11 a.m.
Submitted on: NOV 20, 2021
Category: COVID-19 | GCstories | General GC News | President's Office - Community Message