Phone: 212-817-7500



For registration, you will need:

  • Your 9-digit Banner ID.
  • Your PIN for Student Web.
  • Depending on the requirements of your doctoral program, an advisement PIN may be required in order to register for courses.  If you were assigned an advisement PIN, you will be notified in the registration information letter sent out by the Office of the Registrar. The advisement PIN will be issued to you by your academic advisor and you should contact your program as soon as possible to make an appointment with your advisor.

Change of Address

Many new students will be moving to the NYC area in the next few months, and it is important to keep your latest address on file with the Graduate Center.

To update your address, go to the personal information tab in Student Web. Otherwise, submit a hard copy of the Change of Address form to 1) the Registrar, 2) Financial Aid, and 3) your doctoral program.

Also, if applicable, update your address with Payroll, Human Resources, the Office of Student Affairs (NYSHIP/GHI), the Work-Study Office, and the Office of International Students.

Change of Address services will be provided at One Stop.


For the purpose of determining tuition charges, a student is considered a resident of the State of New York if the student a) has his or her principal place of abode in the State of New York for a period of at least twelve consecutive months immediately preceding the first day of classes for the semester with respect to which the residency determination is made; b) states an intention to live permanently, and maintain a principal place of abode, in New York State; and c) is not in the United States on any temporary visa. Residence in a dormitory, hotel, or other temporary housing facility does not in itself establish New York State residency.

If you want to declare New York State residency, please file the City University Residency Form with the Office of the Registrar.

Room: 7201
Tel: 212-817-7500

Fax: 212-817-1627


Phone: 212-817-7500