Prior to One Stop (Fellowship Recipients)
Receipients of Multi-Year Fellowships (including Graduate Center Fellows, CUNY Science Scholars, Science Fellows, Provost's Enhancement Fellows, Neuroscience Fellows, Mathematics Fellows) and all new one-year Graduate Assistant B or D Fellowship Recipients should review the information below prior to One Stop. You must register in advance for a Human Resources Orientation. International students should check in with the International Student's Office prior to attending one stop.
(Students who are receiving a tuition fellowship only are not required to attend an HR Orientation.)
All Fellowship Recipients:
- Register for an HR Orientation online.
- Print and complete an HR employment packet, and bring the completed packet with you to your HR Orientation.
- Prepare to bring your original Social Security Card, and other acceptable identification documents (e.g., U.S. or foreign passport, permanent resident card). Please see HR packet for a list of acceptable I‐9 documents.
- (Optional) If you want to enroll in direct deposit, bring a voided check or have your bank representative fill out the Direct Deposit form. Return this form to the Bursar's office.
- Update your address with the Registrar (online option available).
- If applicable, attend your doctoral program’s orientation for registration advisement. Contact your doctoral program to see about applicable dates and times.
- Register for classes on Student Web.
Financial Aid and Fellowship Packages
Security and Weather Alerts
- Sign up to receive Graduate Center emergency or weather related text and voice alerts via your cell, home phone or email. Sign up for CUNY Alert at http://www.cuny.edu/alert.
International Students Only
- Check in with the Office of International Students upon arrival in the United States.
- Make arrangements to attend the International Student Orientation session prior to One Stop.
Ready for One Stop
Once you have completed the applicable steps above, you will be ready for One Stop, where you attend an HR Orientation (be sure to register and to complete a packet beforehand), print your paid bill, get your ID card, open your library account, and answer any questions about your fellowship, financial aid, health insurance, or your computer account.
(If you are a not a Multi-Year Fellowship Recipient or a One-Year Graduate Assistant B or D, please proceed to this New Student Checklist.)