External Funding

Funding from external awards can be used to supplement and extend internal funding from The Graduate Center.

Fulbright-Hays: Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad (DDRA)
Institute for International Education (IIE) Fulbright Grant

Finding Additional Sources of Funding

Knowing how to apply for and manage funding from an external organization is an important skill for graduate students, regardless of where your career might take you. A successful grant application always begins with research into the type of funding opportunities available.

You can search databases, directories, curated lists, and additional resources to conduct research on grant sources. The list of tools below includes resources provided by the Foundation Center; support for research and grant writing; and funding sources in the humanities, science, and art.

Select resources purchased by The Graduate Center library require login with your GC network username and password.

Funding Sources and Search Tools

Library Grants and Funding Guide »
Provided by the Mina Rees Library at The Graduate Center

National Endowment for the Arts »

National Endowment for the Humanities »

National Institutes of Health »
NIH offers a fully searchable guide that contains notices, program announcements, requests for applications, and articles related to NIH grants and contracts.

National Science Foundation »

U.S. Department of Education »