Proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella and a response to the status of Meningococcal Meningitis vaccination are required of all new incoming students.
Please submit completed Immunization Forms, and/or existing documentation. We encourage students to submit (when available) existing vaccination records (e.g. official documentation of measles, mumps and rubella vaccinations from childhood or from another university/institution).
You will NOT be able to register without proof of immunization.
If you need to be vaccinated, you may wish to visit the NYC Department of Health clinic listed below to obtain an MMR vaccination free of charge.
While we do not impose a deadline, however, it is strongly advised that you start this process at least 6 to 8 weeks prior to your registration date to avoid delays in clearance for registration.
Students born prior to January 1, 1957 are exempt from the MMR requirement. You must still submit a response to the status of your Meningococcal Meningitis vaccine (part 3 of our immunization form), and proof of your date of birth.
**NOTE** If you attended a CUNY college previously, your immunization records should be in our CUNYfirst system. If you would like to confirm that you are in compliance, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include your EMPL ID.
Compliance with NYS Public Health Law 2165 requires the following:
- Dates of two measles vaccinations or dates for two MMRs (combined measles, mumps, rubella vaccine). The two vaccinations are required to be at least 28 days apart, and the 1st dose must not have been administered more than 4 days prior to your 1st birthday.
- Date of one mumps vaccine received no more than 4 days prior to your 1st birthday (not necessary if you have had at least one MMR).
- Date of one rubella vaccine received no more than 4 days prior to your 1st birthday (not necessary if you have had at least one MMR).
- Health provider’s signature AND an official health provider stamp (MD, NP, PA), clinic stamp, or records office stamp must appear on the Student Immunization Record Form or on any other measles, mumps and rubella documentation (including records from another university) in order for it to be processed by our office.
If you do not have any way to document past vaccinations, you may see a physician for a blood titer test. If you are submitting lab titer results as proof of immunity, a copy of the official lab report must
be included. You also have the option of being vaccinated again.
Compliance with NYS Public Health Law 2167 requires all students review the meningococcal meningitis information (links provided on part 3 of our immunization record form) and file a record of response with our office. The meningococcal vaccination is not required, however all Graduate Center students are required to either:
- Review the meningococcal disease information, check the appropriate response, sign and submit the form to the Wellness Center Student Health Services OR
- Review the meningococcal disease information and submit a copy of your documents showing vaccination against meningococcal disease within the last 5 years. The exact date must be provided on the documentation.
Submit all completed forms and/or documentation to Student Health Services.
A scanned PDF attachment emailed to email@example.com is preferred.
In person, mail, or fax is also acceptable. Please do not submit original documents and always keep a copy for your records.
We strongly advise that all new students begin this process early (at least 6 to 8 weeks prior to your registration date), to avoid any delays in registration.
The Wellness Center Student Health Services
365 Fifth Avenue, Room 6422
New York, New York, 10016
No appointment is necessary; persons will be seen on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please arrive early, and remember to bring proof of your acceptance to the college. Bring any immunization records you may have, and insurance information (if applicable)
For the most up to date information, please visit
Fort Greene Health Center
295 Flatbush Avenue Extension, at the corner of Willoughby Street, 5th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11201
(Near the Fulton Mall and Long Island University, not on Flatbush Avenue Proper)
Adults and Children 4 years of age and over
Monday through Friday: 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Directions: A, C & F to Jay Street, or 2, 3, 4 & 5 to Nevins Street, or R, Q, B & M to DeKalb Ave.
Fill out a Request for Immunization Records form and return it to the Wellness Center. Please include your contact information in case we have any questions about your request. Please note that we keep immunization records on file 7 years from the date of admission.
Allow up to 3 business days for our office to process your request.
You may fax, email, mail, or drop-off your completed form to:
The Wellness Center
365 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10016