Proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) and a response to the status of Meningococcal Meningitis vaccination are required of all new incoming students. You will NOT be able to register for in-person classes without proof of immunization.
- While remote learning remains in place, you will not need to submit proof. However, we are encouraging students to submit documentation as soon as possible in preparation for when classes resume in-person. The immunization holds will remain, but have no bearing on your ability to register.
- If you attended a CUNY college previously, your immunization records should be in CUNYfirst. To confirm that you are in compliance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your EMPL ID.
- If you are registering at a CUNY campus other than The Graduate Center or the Craig newmark School of Journalism, you must confirm the necessary documentation and submission procedure with that campus.
- If you were born prior to January 1, 1957, you are exempt from the MMR requirement. You must still submit a response to the status of your Meningococcal Meningitis vaccine (part 3 of our immunization form), and proof of your date of birth.
The following documentation is required in compliance with NYS Public Health Law 2165:
- Dates of two measles vaccinations or dates for two MMRs (combined measles, mumps, rubella vaccine). The two vaccinations are required to be at least 28 days apart, and the 1st dose must not have been administered more than 4 days prior to your 1st birthday.
- Date of one mumps vaccine received no more than 4 days prior to your 1st birthday (not necessary if you have had at least one MMR).
- Date of one rubella vaccine received no more than 4 days prior to your 1st birthday (not necessary if you have had at least one MMR).
- Health provider’s signature AND an official health provider stamp (MD, NP, PA), clinic stamp, or records office stamp must appear on the Student Immunization Record Form or on any other measles, mumps and rubella documentation (including records from another university) in order for it to be processed by our office.
If you are unable to document past vaccinations, you may see a physician for a blood titer test. If you are submitting lab titer results as proof of immunity, a copy of the official lab report must be included. You also have the option of being vaccinated again.
NYS Public Health Law 2167 requires all students to review the meningococcal meningitis information (links provided on part 3 of our immunization record form) and file a record of response with our office.
The meningococcal vaccination is not required, however all Graduate Center students are required to either:
- Review the meningococcal disease information, check the appropriate response, sign and submit the form to the Wellness Center Student Health Services
- Review the meningococcal disease information and submit a copy of your documents showing vaccination against meningococcal disease within the last 5 years. The exact date must be provided on the documentation.
You may wish to complete this portion electronically via your CUNYFirst "to do" list. Note: If you report being vaccinated within the last 5 years, you must submit proof and it must be reviewed and entered into the system before your hold is removed.
The NYC Department of Health Immunization Clinic offers MMR vaccinations free of charge.
Learn more about this and other immunization resources »
Submit your completed Immunization Forms and/or existing vaccination records to the Wellness Center at email@example.com. A single PDF document attachment is preferred.
You should submit your completed documents as early as possible to avoid potential delays in clearance for registration. We recommend beginning the process a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks prior to your registration date.
**Note that we are temporarily unable to fulfill requests for immunization records due to remote-work limitations. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause**
Fill out a Request for Immunization Records form and include your contact information in case we have any questions about your request.
You may fax, email, mail, or drop-off your completed form to:
The Wellness Center
365 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10016
Please note that we keep immunization records on file 7 years from the date of admission.
Allow up to 3 business days for our office to process your request.