SPARC Training Program
CUNY has implemented a new training program called SPARC (Sexual and Interpersonal Violence Prevention and Response Course) to provide students with this training.
New York State Education Law 129-b, also called the Enough is Enough (“EIE”) statute, requires that all NYS colleges provide students with ongoing education and training about sexual misconduct, including domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, sexual harassment, gender-based harassment and sexual violence.
SPARC is an online training module developed by SUNY in collaboration with CUNY that educates students* about sexual misconduct, ways to prevent it, and the campus’ response to a complaint. The content has been customized to reflect New York State requirements and CUNY policies.
SPARC is accessible to the campus community through the following link:
*NOTE: All incoming students (first-year and transfers) are required to complete SPARC training as are student government members, student leaders and members of other student groups designated by the University and/or College. The due date of July 24, 2018 shown on CUNYfirst is NOT is not the due date for completion, but the date the SPARC training was uploaded to CUNYfirst.
- If using a Mac, students should either use either Google Chrome or Firefox as your web browser to complete SPARC.
- Ensure that pop-up blockers are disabled.
- Please note that students must view ALL the slides to successfully complete the module. The program will automatically close after viewing the final slide.
- Students should complete the SPARC program in one sitting.
- Please print and/or screenshot the Certificate of Completion for your records.