Tax Information for International Students

Disclaimer: This guide is provided for informational purposes only and should not be considered financial or legal advice. The Graduate Center encourages students to seek advice from a qualified tax or financial advisor if needed.

Types of U.S. Tax
Tax Year
Taxable vs. Non-taxable Funds
Resident vs. Non-resident Status
Tax Treaties
Tax Withholdings Based on Residency and Tax Treaty Status
Forms You May Need to Submit
Forms You May Need to Collect
ID Numbers for Tax Filing
Useful IRS Links and Publications