The Accounts Payable Office works collaboratively with the Budget, Purchasing, Bursar’s, and Human Resources Offices to process payments for students, faculty, staff, and vendors.
Our responsibilities include:
- Handling orders, invoices, receiving reports, packing slips, and New York State vouchers
- Reviewing expenditures for completeness and accuracy
- Recording expenditures in CUNYfirst, charging them against the user department’s allocations, and uploading them to the New York Statewide Financial System for auditing and approval
- Processing travel and non-travel reimbursements, honoraria, and student stipends
- Creating and managing vendor requests, CUNYfirst access, and Travel and Expense profiles for all expense users
We handle all resources that come out of the Graduate Center’s Other Than Personal Services (OTPS) tax-levy budget. OTPS is a funding stream used to classify non-personal resources. In compliance with the federal, state, and local policies that govern CUNY colleges, the Graduate Center uses the OTPS budget to procure instructional and non-instructional supplies and materials such as books, equipment, subscriptions, contractual services, furniture, and other goods and services.
Because tax-levy funding is administered by the State of New York, our processes and policies are subject to change per state audit requirements. All checks are generated from the state.
To learn more about purchase requisitions, travel and expense reimbursement, credit card reconciliation, or other fund disbursement processes, visit our resources hub.