The Biology program offers a variety of workshops, presentations and seminars each year, and all students are encouraged to attend.
View Upcoming Biology Program Events
Students in the Biology program are encouraged to participate in seminar series offered by faculty at The Graduate Center and at affiliated CUNY colleges.
- Brooklyn College: Shirlanna Alexis Biology Seminar Series
- Hunter College: Department of Biological Sciences Inga Richter Seminar Series
- Queens College: Biology Department Colloquium Series
- York College: CUNY Natural Sciences Seminar Series
- City College of New York: Biochemistry, Biophysics, & Biodesign Seminar Series
- The Graduate Center: CUNY Neuroscience Collaborative Colloquia
- Hunter College: Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry Seminar Series
Each year, Biology program faculty, students and guests have the opportunity to gather with the members of their subprograms for a rejuvenating retreat at the Pocono Environmental Education Center (PEEC) in Dingman’s Ferry, Pennsylvania.
Subprograms attend retreats in pairs (MCD/NS, and EEB/PS) every other year on an alternating schedule.
Retreat activities include lightning talks, poster sessions, and workshops, interspersed with hikes into the surrounding countryside. There is also plenty of time for informal discussion among faculty and students, and for students from both programs to socialize in community yurts.