The M.A. Program in Digital Humanities requires 30 credits of approved graduate work, including acceptable transfer credits.
Required Core Courses (9 credits total)
- Introduction to Digital Humanities
- Digital Humanities: Methods and Practices
- Thesis or Capstone Project
In-Degree Electives (12 credits total)
Students must take at least four courses from among the areas below, with the selection approved by their advisor.
Digital Textuality Courses
- Textual Studies in the Digital Age
- Methods of Text Analysis
- The Future of the Book: Publishing and Scholarly Communications
Data Visualization and Mapping Courses
- Visualization and Design: Fundamentals
- Working With Data: Fundamentals
- Geospatial Humanities
Digital Pedagogy Courses
- Digital Pedagogy 1: History, Theory, and Practice
- Digital Pedagogy 2: Theory, Design, and Practice
- Critical Approaches to Educational Technology
- Software Design Lab
Special Topics Courses
- The program occasionally offers courses in special topics that may be counted as in-degree electives
Free Electives (9 credits total)
Students may choose electives from among all GC course offerings for which they are eligible to register after consulting with an advisor.