Students entering the Ph.D. Program in Earth and Environmental Sciences select the specialization in Geography or in Environmental and Geological Sciences or in Environmental Psychology but are encouraged to consider courses across the program. Although there is a common structure to the specializations, the curricular requirements differ slightly.
Environmental and Geological Sciences
Most required courses and courses for the Geography and Environmental Psychology specializations are conducted at The Graduate Center, while laboratory courses and courses for the Environmental and Geological Sciences specialization are offered at the various affiliated departments throughout CUNY.
- Brooklyn College - Earth and Environmental Sciences
- The City College of New York - Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- Advanced Science Research Center, GC/CUNY - Environmental Sciences Initiative
- Hunter College - Geography and Environmental Science, and Urban Policy and Planning
- Lehman College - Earth, Environmental and Geospatial Sciences
- Queens College - School of Earth and Environmental Sciences and Urban Studies
- College of Staten Island - Earth and Environmental Sciences, and Political Science and Global Affairs
- York College - Earth and Physical Sciences