College Assistant - Advanced Science Research Center
- Job Class: Support Staff
- Job ID Number: 23067
- Department: Advanced Science Research Center (Facilities)
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Advanced Science Research Center at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York (CUNY ASRC) elevates scientific research and education at CUNY and beyond through initiatives in five distinctive, but increasingly interconnected disciplines: environmental sciences, nanoscience, neuroscience, photonics, and structural biology. The CUNY ASRC promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary research culture with renowned researchers from each of the initiatives working side-by-side with undergraduate and graduate students in the ASRC’s labs and core facilities, sharing equipment that is among the most advanced available. The CUNY ASRC also invites and collaborates with researchers from all CUNY campuses to take advantage of its facilities and resources to advance interdisciplinary scientific research across the University. Importantly, the CUNY ASRC also engages in K-16+ STEM education, including pipeline programs, workforce development, and outreach to the public to promote science literacy, engagement, and empowerment and advance science-based policy and STEM education in partnership with local public schools, community groups, and CUNY community and senior colleges. To learn more about the CUNY ASRC, visit https://asrc.gc.cuny.edu.
The CUNY ASRC is seeking a part-time College Assistant to support its Operations and Facilities. The College Assistant will report to the Director of Operations and help with administrative support for Facilities and Environmental Health and Safety (EHSO) department. The College Assistant will:
- Process and track work orders and key requests. Assist with surveying to monitor completion of work orders and key requests.
- Assist with scheduling and setting-up trainings. Maintain training calendars and training records.
- Assist with submission of C-14 requests to FDNY. Track requests and receipt of C-14s and update the C-14 database.
- Submit vendor schedules for access approval.
- When appropriate, send notifications of facilities and EHSO-related repairs, maintenance, and training.
- Request and maintain website updates for facilities and EHSO-related information and scheduling.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To work 20 hours per week.
- Must demonstrate sufficient skills to perform the duties of the assigned tasks.
Ability to work with Microsoft Office programs.
Record keeping experience and strong organizational skills.
Ability to multi-task.
$16.00-$20.00 per hour
20 hours per week
How To Apply
Go to http://cuny.jobs/ and search for Job ID 23067.
Click on "Apply Now" below which will bring you to the registration screen. If you are a new user, you must register to apply. If you already have a user ID, please use your existing ID to apply. Make sure to upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references (name, title, organization, phone number, and email). Please upload all documents in Word or PDF format.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/IRCA/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer.
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee)
- All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
- The Graduate School and University Center verifies education and experience statements.