College Assistant - Anticipated Vacancies
- Job Class: Support Staff
- Job ID Number: IS-04-21
- Department: To be determined
- Location: The Graduate Center
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The College Assistant's duties will consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Under supervision, performs administrative, research, clerical or other work related to an academic program or administrative office of The Graduate Center on a part-time basis for a period of limited duration.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, scheduling, file management and distributing information.
- Collects data, prepares, and distributes reports, presentations, surveys using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintain current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Assists in drafting and preparing documents for committees and liaisons with the appropriate persons.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Assists in planning, coordinating, and managing workshops, conferences,, and professional development programs.
- Schedules meetings, including arranging for meeting space, audiovisual equipment, and dining service; sends out meeting notices.
- Liaison with Graduate Center offices as.
- Prepares letters, memorandums, charts, and similar materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Under supervision, performs miscellaneous clerical, administrative, research or other work related to the operation of a College or other unit where such work is required on a part-time basis or for a period of limited duration.
- There is one Assignment Level for this position. All personnel perform related work. This specification describes typical assignments; related duties mar be assigned as needed.
- Maximum tenure for any employee in this hourly position is 1040 hours per year.
- Performs clerical library work, such as sorting and shelving books, performing data entry into library systems, or binding books and periodicals.
- Assists in instructional programs, including tutoring and assisting students in areas such as reading and mathematics. May assist in speech and hearing therapy, provide musical accompaniment, and/or distribute and collect physical education equipment.
- Enters and maintains departmental records such as inventory control records, rosters, directories, and schedules.
- May operate computers, computer software, and other electronic equipment in performing assigned tasks.
- Must demonstrate sufficient skills to perform the duties of the assigned tasks.
- High School Diploma
Bachelor's Degree with two years of administrative experience in higher education preferred; solid organizational ability, flexibility, accuracy with attention to detail; ability to prioritize; exercise good judgment and initiative; ability to deal effectively with faculty, students and staff members; excellent written and oral skills. Strong telecommunication and records management skills are essential. Proficient in Microsoft Suite - Word, Excel, Access, Dreamweaver and Powerpoint.
$15.61 - $21.00 per hour
20 hours per week
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter and contact information of three references electronically to:
The Graduate Center complies with the Clery Act and copies of its annual report on security policies and statistics are available in its Security Office.
Selected applicants must pay fingerprint and filing fees (full-time CUNY students are excluded from fingerprint fee)
- All prospective candidates must be able to be certified as eligible to work under the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
- The Graduate School and University Center verifies education and experience statements.