Tuition Fee Waiver Form
The Economic Growth & Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 (EGTRRA) was signed into law on June 7, 2001, Section 127. This benefit enables employers to assist workers to further their education at a cost of up to $5,250 per year tax-free, whether or not the course is job-related.
NOTE: CUNY eligible employees are advised that undergraduate and graduate level courses in which they enroll using the CUNY Employee Tuition Fee Waiver Form OFSR 305 may be reportable as wages and subject to withholding if educational assistance benefits exceeding the $5,250 threshold are non-job related and do not meet the requirements of the "working condition fringe benefit" exclusion.
The Graduate Center’s procedure for employee tuition fee waiver:
- Check if eligible for benefit, refer to the CUNY Tuition Fee Waiver Form
- If eligible, register for CUNY classes
- Complete the CUNY Tuition Fee Waiver Form
- Submit the following documents to Office of Human Resources before the semester begins:
- Completed CUNY Tuition Fee Waiver Form
- Registered class schedule
- Class descriptions
- Tuition bill
- Documents can be emailed (scanned or photo of docs) to HR's inbox: email@example.com