Use of Leave for Classified Service Staff

The use of an unscheduled leave or annual leave day, must be requested and approved by your supervisor in advance. The request may be denied. Failure to follow procedures outlined by The Graduate Center and your department/program may result in your being considered absent without leave (AWOL) and being removed from payroll for the absence(s). Sick leave is to be used for personal illness only. For further stipulations regarding the use of leave for Classified Service Staff, please see the attached document or contact the Office of Human Resources at (212) 817-7700 or

View HR memo re: Policy on the Use of Leave