Immerse Yourself in the World of Graduate Education!
Here at The Graduate Center, City University of New York, you will join a diverse community, an extensive alumni network, and acclaimed faculty who position our graduate students to drive change as researchers, advocates, policy makers, and creators.
Whether you are pursuing scholarly interests, seeking in-depth training for a profession in academia, or advancing your career opportunities in the most in-demand fields, your master’s degree at The Graduate Center will empower you to hone analytical skills for various career paths.
Our commitment to enhance graduate education is about more than just supporting new areas of interdisciplinary exploration. It’s about giving students the resources, strengthened by research partnerships in New York and CUNY, to thrive in any workplace. We aim to make education affordable and accessible, so you can pursue your professional and academic objectives.
Seize New York City’s cultural, intellectual, and scholarly resources with a GC master’s degree.
The GC's graduate programs are among the best in the United States and offer flexibility for full-time and part-time students (financial aid and/or funding available with merit scholarships).
- Liberal Studies: allows students to design and pursue courses in more than 20 concentrations, including Data Visualization; Sustainability Science and Education; Science and Technology Studies; International Studies; Latin American, Caribbean, and Latino Studies; Urban Education; American Studies; Film Studies; and more.
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Comparative Literature
- Data Analysis and Visualization
- Data Science
- Digital Humanities
- International Migration Studies
- Middle Eastern Studies
- Political Science
- Quantitative Methods in the Social Sciences
- Women’s and Gender Studies
The Graduate Center, CUNY, founded in 1961, is the primary doctorate-granting (Ph.D.) institution of The City University of New York, established in 1847.