IT offers the following services and most of them can be accessed via the Information For Students, Faculty, and Staff pages:
- Blackboard is CUNY’s University-wide courseware management system, enabling instructors to create virtual classrooms featuring web-based course materials.
- Collaboration Tools:
- Collaborate Ultra™: A web-based conference tool used to foster collaboration outside of the classroom. It provides two-way audio, multi-point video, interactive whiteboard, application and desktop sharing, rich media, breakout rooms, and session recording. Reference guides and video tutorials are available online.
- Microsoft Teams is the new collaborative workspace using Microsoft’s Office 365 (O365). With Teams, you can bring together conversations, content, documents, chat, and video - all in one place to make working with your team simpler and more efficient. Reference guides, training, and FAQs are available online. Please log in with your CUNYfirst Login credentials (email@example.com)
- Zoom™: is a cloud-based, full featured, video and audio conferencing service which allows online collaboration. The service is used for online teaching, training, remote support, audio calls, and meetings. The service allows participants to engage in synchronous online meetings from a conference room solution, a mobile device, personal computer, or phone. Participating via a smart phone or computer will allow the users to share both live video and share content from the device.
All active CUNY students, faculty and staff should use their CUNY Login credentials to access Zoom at https://cuny.zoom.us.
Please note, it is not necessary to have a Zoom account in order to join and participate in meetings. An account is only needed if you wish to host your own meetings.
Click here for more information
- CUNY Technology Services provides access to applications and services that are most widely used across The City University of New York.
- GC Collaborate is a new solution for group collaboration that is designed specifically for organizational units and departmental needs. The benefits are as follows:
- Your documents accessible wherever, whenever—documents stored in your dept/group GC Collaborate space are available to you at the GC and outside the GC.
- Makes it easier to communicate & collaborate—GC Collaborate streamlines and simplifies these processes with the ability to create sub-sites geared towards your particular project with only those folks who need to be involved.
- Seamless knowledge transfer—GC Collaborate allows you to easily search for documents you need, instantly share documents with fellow co-workers and provide you with real-time notifications when documents you follow have been updated.
To truly understand the value and functionality of your department GC Collaborate portal (Powered by SharePoint), IT has launched a platform for your department to start utilizing and developing solutions to your document & file management needs, project collaboration and workflow automation capabilities. Please refer to the IT FAQ under GC Collaborate (SharePoint) for guidance and tips.
- GC Conference Manager is an audio- and web-conferencing system that enables users to conduct meetings via teleconference or via web browser.
- Faculty/staff email: M365 Outlook Web Access (OWA) allows users to access email services, calendar items, tasks, and contacts. Use your CUNYfirst credentials to login (Firstname.LastnameXX@login.cuny.edu).
- Student Office 365 Email: The Office 365 student email system is only available to enrolled students and graduates. Check out our FAQ for more information.
Office 365 has its own Self-Service Password Reset tool. In order to use it, you must first register. Please see the Self-Service Password Reset Registration Instructions.
Once you have registered, you will be able to use the Self-Service Password Reset tool. Please see the Self-Service Password Reset Instructions.
- IT Services self-service forms and FAQs enables users to submit their service requests and is available online 24/7.
- Listserv is a service that provides for creation of an electronic mailing list, management of list subscribers, and distribution of email messages among those on the list.
- Microsoft Office 365 for Education (for faculty and staff) suite, offered by CUNY, is available to all active faculty and staff. It includes OneDrive for Business, SharePoint, Yammer, and Skype for Business, as well as widely used Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the downloadable Office ProPlus suite. It also includes 1 TB of storage per user.
For more information on usage, see: www.cuny.edu/office365ed. Other resources are available at: Video Tutorials, CUNY FAQs, and Acceptable Use of Microsoft Office 365 for Education Policy (PDF).
- Qualtrics is an online survey tool to conduct and support research. To log into the site, use your Graduate Center Network ID and password.
- Self-Service Password Reset is a utility that enables users to change or reset a forgotten GC user account password via the web. You will need to know your Employee ID, Month/Year of Birth and personal email.
If your account is not automatically registered, please update your personal email in CUNYfirst. It will take 24 hours to update your personal email.
Please note that this mechanism does not work for Office 365 student email passwords.
- Student Web Printing enables students to send a document to be printed from any device and location. The document can then be retrieved and printed on-site from any of our print release stations located in the GC Library. After a one-time registration process, students can use web printing via email from their Office 365 email address to firstname.lastname@example.org or via upload to https://siteup.ocsinc.ca/GC. See the Student Web Printing FAQ for more information.
- Web Analytics provides analyses on website traffic.
- Website Services is a platform that enables users to easily create websites for a variety of purposes, such as conferences, general interest blogs, and individual CV sites. The Graduate Center provides instant access to a variety of themes, plugins, and templates to begin building a website. Access for GC staff, faculty, and students is available using the user's username and password.
- Wireless Network Connectivity is available throughout the GC to support both authenticated and guest access.
For more information regarding IT services, contact IT Services at email@example.com, view our FAQs, or submit a self-service request form.
Find additional information regarding our services listed in the menu.
Email IT Services
Need help with a technical issue? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Email email@example.com
Find Answers to GC-Specific Technology Questions
Find answers to frequently asked questions regarding Blackboard, E-mail Access, and other IT services and resources.IT FAQs
Make a Request
Submit a self-service request form to create a ticket with IT Services.IT Request Forms