Administrative and Educational Support (AES) Assessment
The Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness (OIRE) in the Provost’s Office is implementing a system of assessment for all non-academic offices at the GC, which include administrative, educational, and student support (AES) offices. Assessment allows AES offices to determine whether goals are being met, provides feedback about activities and outcomes, and helps identify areas of strength and those that need improvement.
OIRE works collaboratively with each office, providing guidance and support as an assessment plan is developed, implemented, and the process and findings documented. The office mission statement, goals and outcomes are reviewed (or developed if they do not yet exist) and serve as the basis and framework for the assessment.
The assessment focus is on the student-facing services that each office provides. The office may choose to focus the assessment based on the top priorities of the office, its central activities, or to answer significant questions about processes or outcomes.
The assessment will include the following steps:
- Develop/refine mission, goals, outcomes
- Develop assessment plan
- Collect data using new or existing measures
- Analyze data, and document findings in brief report
- Use findings for office improvement
The assessment is…
- designed and conducted by the office, with support and guidance from OIRE.
- focused on the office, not on individuals.
- tailored to each office, in collaboration with the office.
- ongoing. Offices conduct assessment periodically once the process is fully launched.