Strategic Plan Assessment
The Graduate Center is in the midst of developing the next strategic plan that will go into effect in the 2023-2024 academic year. More information will be available here soon! Below please find information on the 2017-2022 Strategic Planning process.
To ensure the success of the 2017-2022 Strategic Plan, the Graduate Center has implemented an assessment process to measure progress toward achieving its major strategic goals. The process evaluates educational and institutional effectiveness and relays conclusions to relevant decision-makers, especially concerning resource allocation. This assessment is linked to other ongoing institutional assessment processes, such as the: 10-year doctoral program external review cycle, Middle States Commission on Higher Education accreditation self-study, annual CUNY Performance Management Project, and outcomes assessment.
The Office of the Provost, in partnership with the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness and the Learning Outcomes Assessment Committee, assesses progress in achieving strategic plan goals and priorities through:
- Identifying empirical measures of success (measurable performance outcomes or MPOs) for each of the four major strategic goals and collecting data on these MPOs.
- Linking the strategic goals and MPOs with the goals and the processes at the relevant Graduate Center offices.
- Creating an assessment timeline that relates each strategic action to both short and long term outcomes, and using this assessment process to refine the strategic actions, particularly in light of evolving budgetary conditions.
- Re-evaluating the selection of peer institutions and aspirational peer institutions for benchmarking.
- Closing the planning/assessment loop by utilizing results to inform the next Strategic Plan.
The Strategic Plan Assessment Committee is responsible for reviewing the Graduate Center's 2017 - 2022 Strategic Plan.
Strategic Plan Assessment Committee Members
John Greenwood, Chair, Executive Officer of Philosophy
David Olan, Associate Provost & Dean for Academic Affairs
Yun Xiang, Associate Dean of Institutional Research
Jennifer Furlong, Director of Career Planning
Gita Martohardjono, Executive Officer of Linguistics
Gwendolyn Shaw, Ph.D. Student in Art History
The performance outcomes found below are aligned with the priorities of the Strategic Plan. They offer tangible measures of these priorities.