For current Graduate Center students
Doctoral and master’s students at the Graduate Center are eligible for the program. In order to register we require Graduate Center students to attend an ITP Info Session to gain permission to enroll. Info Sessions are held throughout the fall and spring about enrolling for the following academic year. Space is limited; to register, please 1) complete a contact form and 2) reserve a seat.
For all others
Applicants to the Interactive Technology and Pedagogy Certificate Program who are not already enrolled in a doctoral or master’s program at the Graduate Center must apply for admission. Requirements for admission are as follows.
Fall Enrollment: Application due April 15
We only accept applications for fall enrollment
In order to be eligible for admission, applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or its international equivalent. Successful applicants generally have a cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 (B average) or higher.
Applicants are not required to submit GRE scores.
English Proficiency for International Applicants: Applicants who do not have a post-secondary degree from an institution in which the language of instruction is English-only and located in a country that recognizes English as an Official Language must have taken either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Applicants must submit the following materials:
- A $75 non-refundable application fee: The application fee is waived for United States Armed Services Veterans, and McNair Scholars.
- A completed online application form: Prospective students must submit an application form through the Graduate Center's online application system.
- Please note: If you are unable to find the ITP program listed alphabetically on the Application Information page, scroll to the bottom of the program dropdown menu.
- Higher Education transcripts: Transcripts must be submitted from each college or university attended even if you did not complete a degree or did not enroll in courses in your current field. International applicants who submit transcripts not issued in English must also include a certified English transcript accompanying the transcript.
- Resume or CV
- Applicant Statement: please upload two texts, a personal statement and a letter of intent, in a single document totaling no more than 2,000 words, detailed as follows:
- Personal statement, describing the applicant’s academic and professional background, and relationship to interactive technology and pedagogy. (750-1,000 words)
- Letter of intent, which proposes a project the applicant intends to pursue, which could be completed during the course of the program. (750-1,000 words)
- Visit https://itpcp.commons.gc.cuny.edu/independent-study-details/ for a description of the ITP Independent Study project. Examples of the kinds of projects that the program can support can be found at https://itpcp.commons.gc.cuny.edu/projects/
- Three references: Please provide the email address and contact information for at least three academic or professional references who can appraise your academic or professional achievement and promise. Letters are not required.
- Select <No> for the question “Will this provider be submitting the letter of recommendation online?” This ensures that we will receive contact info for your recommenders, but they won’t be sent a letter request.
- Unofficial TOEFL or IELTS scores to fulfill the English Language Proficiency prerequisite, if applicable.
- International applicants must review the International Students page for additional requirements and assistance.