Completed Theses and Capstones
The following is a selection of recently completed theses and capstones by MALS graduates. For a full archive of deposited theses and capstones, please visit CUNY Academic Works.
Joliette Mandel - Equitable Assessment for Elementary Dual-Language Learners
- Adriana Filstrup - The Music in His Words: The Art of Sound and Folk in Louis Armstrong’s Manuscript for Satchmo: My Life in New Orleans, “The Armstrong Story”
- Carey Thompson Wells - The Column of Constantine at Constantinople: A Cultural History (330-1453 C.E.)
- Francesca Petronio - Raised on TV: A Queer Teen's Guide to Syndicated Sexualities
- Jason Manrique - Art and War: Republican Propaganda of The Spanish Civil War
- Johnny Thatch - Organizing Against Discrimination: The Chinese Hand Laundrymen Historical Niche and Ethnic Solidarity in America
- Jordan Steingard - The Distant Early Warning Line: Geographies, Infrastructures, and Environments of Warning
- Judith F. Upjohn - Rural Adolescent Education Reframed: Can Social Justice, Lewin’s Topology, and Aesthetics Aid Reform Efforts?
- Miriam Edwin - From Mass Incarceration to Mass Education: Fostering Collaboration Between State Prisons and State Universities
- Stephanie Barnes - North of the Grid: The Black Experience of 17th-19th Century Rural New York.
Josefine Ziebell - Queer and Trans Prison Voices: A Podcast Archive on Prison Abolition
Sandy Mui - The Local Accountability Journalism Tracker
- Marcus Hillman - Immigration, Small Business and Assimilation: Three Stories of Small-Time Capitalism on the Lower East Side
- Marissa Kinsey - Beyond the Vale: Visualizing Slavery in Craven County, North Carolina
- Terrence Hunt - Secret and Divine Signs: A Cinematic Ode to the Art of Cruising
- Stephen Zweibel - DH Box: A Virtual Computer Lab in the Cloud