Request Cleared4 CUNY Access Pass for Visitors
To protect the health and safety of the Graduate Center community of students, faculty, and staff, CUNY’s visitor policy requires all visitors to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to visiting a CUNY college location, building, or office. Day visitors to the Graduate Center must provide proof of being fully vaccinated.
CUNY is using the Cleared4 system to provide a secure way for visitors to submit this information and receive a CUNY access pass that enables them access to the Graduate Center on the date of your scheduled visit. Visitors are individuals who are not Graduate Center students, faculty, and staff and include vendors, prospective students, faculty guest speakers, researchers, visiting scholars/professors who must come to campus during building access hours. Visitors should only be coming to campus for academic purposes (e.g., guest speakers, research) or pressing business that cannot be handled remotely. All visitors must be approved prior to accessing the campus.
All visitors must be approved and issued a CUNY Access Pass prior to coming to campus. Request visitor access at least seven days prior to the visit by completing the form below on their behalf and attesting that you have informed your visitor(s) of CUNY’s requirements that they show proof of vaccination; to wear a face covering at all times and to follow other building and campus health precautions. Requests submitted fewer than seven days prior to the visit may not be processed in time to have your guest’s access authorized.
How Does My Visitor Gain Access to Campus?
- Complete the form below to submit your visitor request. Your request will be received and reviewed by Public Safety and the Graduate Center team that reviews and approves proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Your visitor will receive an email that contains information about the Cleared4 system. how to register their account and how to upload proof of vaccination.
- Once the account has been registered and proof of vaccination has been submitted, the submission will be reviewed to determine if a CUNY Access Pass will be issued.
- Once the submission has been approved, visitors can either print out a copy of the CUNY Access Pass, or display it on a phone to scan at a kiosk or show to CUNY officials that the pass is valid for campus entry. Visitors will also be asked to show identification and the reason for the visit before being permitted to enter.
Please note the following:
- Do not travel to a CUNY location until you receive a CUNY Access Pass notification. You will not be permitted to access a CUNY location if you do not have a valid CUNY access pass.
- COVID-19 vaccination and negative PCR test results are required in addition to whatever other arrangements are necessary in order to visit a CUNY or college location, building, or office.
- CUNY only accepts a negative PCR testing result within seven days of the testing sample.
- CUNY has imposed a mask mandate for everyone, regardless of vaccination status. A face mask is required inside all CUNY campuses and office buildings. This includes wearing a mask while taking classes, and/or visiting or working in a non-enclosed space such as a cubicle or other open seating, regardless of physical distance from others. It also requires wearing a mask outdoors on campus when unable to maintain physical distance from others.
- CUNY expects all students, faculty, staff, and visitors to follow the New York City Board of Health Guidelines on COVID-19.