Process to Transition GC Faculty and Staff Email to M365 (cloud) Begins
We are pleased to provide an update on the CUNY-wide project to transition faculty and staff email accounts to the Microsoft Cloud (O365). The Graduate Center faculty and staff email will transition to the Microsoft Cloud on Tuesday, November 1, 2022.
M365 Faculty and Staff Email Migration Project Timeline
- Phase 1 – Enable Multi-factor Authentication – September 19, 2022
- Phase 2 – Upgrade Microsoft Office Desktop Client – October 3, 2022
- Phase 3 – Migrate GC Faculty and Staff Email to the Cloud – November 1, 2022
The first phase of this project starts on Monday, September 19, when CUNY CIS is to enable Microsoft Multifactor Authentication (MFA) in the cloud. After which, you will be prompted to select a second form of authentication when accessing the Microsoft Cloud. To learn more, please read What is some general info about Multi-factor authentication (MFA)?
Below are some things you must do now to prepare for this transition:
- Save and delete attachments over 35 MB because you cannot migrate emails or email attachments over 35 MB. CUNY has prepared instructions on how to search for and save/remove these emails and attachments.
- Perform a clean-up of your mailbox and any non-human (shared) mailboxes for which you are responsible.
- Review CUNY's O365 FAQs and training materials.
Note: Please bookmark the M365 faculty and staff email migration page. The page will be updated every Friday with the latest project information.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com, and we will get back to you as soon as we are able.