- Faculty, History
- Early Modern and Modern Europe, France.
- Ph.D., Brandeis University
- Old Age in the Old Regime: Image and Experience in Eighteenth-Century France (Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 1989). French translation: Miroirs de la vieillesse ... en France au siècle des Lumières (Paris: Editions ESHEL, 1992).
- The French Revolution in Culture and Society, edited by David G. Troyansky, Alfred Cismaru, and Norwood Andrews, Jr., with an introduction and one chapter, "Generational Discourse in the French Revolution," by Troyansky (New York: Greenwood Press, 1991).
- Migrances, diasporas et transculturalités francophones: Littératures et cultures d'Afrique, des Caraïbes, d'Europe et du Québec, sous la direction de Hafid Gafaïti, Patricia Lorcin, et David G. Troyansky (Paris: L'Harmattan, 2005).
- Transnational Spaces and Identities in the Francophone World, edited by, Hafid Gafaïti, Patricia Lorcin, and David G. Troyansky (Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, forthcoming in 2009).
- Aging in World History (Routledge, 2015).
Articles and book chapters:
- "The Eighteenth Century," a chapter in The Long History of Old Age, edited by Pat Thane (London: Thames and Hudson, 2005), pp. 175-210.
- "Personal and Institutional Narratives of Aging: A French Historical Case," in Journal of Aging Studies, Vol. 17, No. 1 (Spring 2003): 31-42.
- "Aging and Memory in a Bureaucratizing World: A French Historical Experience," in Power and Poverty: Old Age in the Pre-Industrial Past, edited by Susannah R. Ottaway, L.A. Botelho, and Katharine Kittredge (New York: Greenwood Press, 2002), pp. 15-30.
- "Alsatian Knowledge and European Culture: Jérémie-Jacques Oberlin, Language, and the Protestant Gymnase in Revolutionary Strasbourg," in Francia, Vol. 27, No. 2 (2000/2001): 119-138.
- "'I Was Wife and Mother': French Widows Present Themselves to the Ministry of Justice in the Early Nineteenth Century," in Journal of Family History, Vol. 25, No. 2 (2000): 202-210.
- "Memorializing Saint-Quentin: Monuments, Inaugurations and History in the Third Republic," in French History, Vol. 13, No. 1 (1999): 48-76.