Dennis Slavin has authored articles on 15th-century music for international journals, including the Journal of Musicology, Journal of the Royal Musical Association, Early Music, Studi Musicali,and Musica Disciplina,and has contributed to the Journal of the American Musicological Society, the new MGG (Die Musik in Geschichte und Gegenwart), Leading Notes, Notes,and the Dictionary of the Middle Ages. He was co-organizer of the First International Conference on Binchois (Fall 1995) and is co-editor of Binchois Studies (Oxford University Press, 2000). He is also editing the songs of Binchois for a new edition of the composer’s secular music. He is past-president of the Greater New York Chapter of the American Musicological Society, and is currently serving as Associate Provost of Baruch College.
- Binchois Studies, Andrew Kirkman and Dennis Slavin eds. (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000).
- "The Binchois Game: Style and Tonal Coherence in Some Songs from the Mid-Fifteenth Century." Chapter in Andrew Kirkman and Dennis Slavin eds., Binchois Studies (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000), 163-180.
- "Some Distinctive Features of Songs by Binchois: Cadential Voice Leading and the Articulation of Form." Journal of Musicology 10 (University of California Press: 1992), 342-361.
- "Questions of Authority in Some Songs by Binchois." Journal of the Royal Musical Association 117 (Oxford University Press: 1992), 22-61.
- "In Support of Heresy': Manuscript Evidence for the A Cappella Performance of Early 15th-Century Songs." Early Music19 (Oxford University Press: May, 1991), 178-190.
- "On the Origins of Escorial IV.a.24 (EscB)." Studi Musicali 19 (Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia: 1990), 259-303.
- "Genre, Final and Range: Unique Sorting Procedures in a Fifteenth-Century Chansonnier." Musica Disciplina 43 (American Institute of Musicology: 1989), 115-139.